Business Owner Policy (BOP)
California Business Owner Policy (BOP)
Business owners have a lot to consider when choosing insurance that fully protects their business. One coverage option, a business owners policy (BOP), can take the guesswork out of the process. A BOP bundles several types of coverage in one package, similar to the way a homeowners policy works, but is designed for small and midsized businesses.
The insurance specialists at Paragon Insurance Services can help you build a comprehensive business insurance program.
What is Included in a Business Owner Policy (BOP)?
A BOP generally combines the following types of coverage in one convenient bundle:
- Commercial property insurance—Covers losses to property from common perils. It also covers office equipment, furniture, inventory, machinery, raw materials, computers and anything else that is vital to business operations.
- General liability insurance—Covers a company’s legal responsibility for any harm it may cause to others, up to the policy limit. It also covers attorney fees and medical bills for anyone injured by the company.
- Business interruption insurance—Reimburses for loss of income if a covered disaster interferes with the successful operation of the business.
Business Owner Policy Exclusions
Although a BOP is a convenient insurance option for small to midsized business owners, it does not cover professional liability, auto insurance and workers’ compensation. Workers’ life, health and disability coverage is also excluded. For those exclusions, business owners can purchase separate insurance policies. Other examples include the following:
- Crime coverage—Although it is minimal, crime coverage can be added to a BOP to cover losses as a result of crime, such as employee dishonesty and computer fraud. Typical crime coverage ranges between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Data breach coverage—This coverage is commonly added to BOPs to help remedy the following losses resulting from data breaches:
- Notifying impacted individuals
- Hiring crisis communication consultants
- Defense and settlement costs from associated lawsuits
- Replacement of lost income
- Extortion and ransom payments
- Errors and omissions (E&O) coverage—Businesses that provide services for a fee can be sued by customers who claim that they were harmed because the business failed to perform its job properly. E&O coverage pays for any judgment for which the insured is found legally liable, up to the policy limit. It also covers legal defense costs.
Ready to Get Your Quote?
With a few quick questions, we can get your quote started! Click the button below or give us a call at 916-353-1023!
Ideal Candidates for a BOP
Businesses that have the following characteristics are ideal candidates for a BOP:
- Operate in a physical location, whether home-based or outside the home
- Have assets that can be stolen, including products, cash, furniture and digital property
- Are at a high risk for lawsuits
- Employ less than 100 employees and have less than $5 million in sales
The following types of businesses frequently purchase BOPs to protect from losses not covered by general liability insurance:
- Religious organizations
- Technology consultants and solutions providers
Small to midsized businesses need to meet specific criteria to be eligible for a BOP. When determining eligibility, insurers consider factors that include the type of business, size of its primary location, class of business and revenue.
Premiums for BOP policies are based on eligibility factors, as well as financial stability, building construction, security features and fire hazards.
When purchasing business insurance, it is important to obtain the right amount. Contact Paragon Insurance Services for guidance as to whether a BOP is a logical choice for your business.
Keep Your Business Protected! Get Your Quote Today!
Business owners have a lot to consider when choosing insurance that fully protects their business. At Paragon Insurance Services we offer complete insurance packages for many different business types. We have years of experience and products to provide you exceptional service and value to our customers. As a business owner, you take calculated risks everyday in order keep your business thriving. But what about the risks you haven’t considered?
We have many commercial insurance policies to choose from:
Learn About the Paragon Insurance Services Client Philosophy!
Safety and Compliance
- Employee Manual
- Base Safety Programs
- Human Resources
- Employee Training
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Annual Policy Reviews – What are We Talking About?
Every year at about a couple months before your policy renews with Paragon, we will reach out to you to review your policies prior to their renewal so that we can ensure that you are STILL with the Right Insurance Company, with the Right Coverage, and paying the Right Price.
If you decide you’d like to be quoted with other Insurance Companies you can quickly schedule a time for an in-depth market review where our team will re-quote your policies and provide you with the options so you can make the best decision possible.
California Full Service Insurance Agency
Paragon Insurance Services is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more. The Paragon team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate!
Our office is located in Folsom, CA and services the Sacramento Valley, California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business.
Contact us today 1-916-353-1023 for your comprehensive business owner policy quote!