Business Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella Insurance for Your Business and Peace of Mind
In a culture where litigation is commonplace, business owners have many more worries than making profits and retaining top employees. If your product injures a consumer, your organization could face a devastating lawsuit, exponential damages and a tainted reputation in the marketplace. To assist with the financial burden of a claim, many business owners purchase commercial umbrella insurance on top of their standard commercial general liability (CGL) insurance policies.
The insurance specialists at Paragon Insurance Services can help you build a comprehensive business insurance program.
Most CGL policies have an aggregate limit that, once exhausted, will not cover any other excess claims. Experienced business professionals understand that the litigious nature of our society combined with surmounting liability judgments are reason enough to purchase additional coverage.
Lawsuits frequently impose multimillion-dollar penalties on businesses—far outside the coverage provided by most CGL policies. As a result, common losses such as vehicle accidents, employment claims and hazardous substance spills can pose a serious financial threat.
Businesses are also liable for the health and safety of their employees and for their employees’ behavior. For instance, your business could be held liable after your holiday party results in property damage to a rented banquet hall. You may also face litigation if your business office has a carbon monoxide leak that causes a number of employees to get extremely ill. To protect against an unforeseen claim similar to these, commercial umbrella insurance protection is a must.
Business Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella coverage is designed to protect an organization against monumental liability claims that can demolish a business through a large financial judgment. Typically, an umbrella policy serves the following purposes:
- Provides coverage for potential damages and court defense fees that exceed underlying insurance policies (typically CGL policies).
- Provides coverage in situations that are not covered by underlying insurance policies but are not excluded from the umbrella policy. This benefit is subject to a self-insured retention (SIR), similar to a deductible, in which the policy holder is responsible for losses up to the SIR amount.
- Applies to claims where the aggregate limit of the underlying policy has been met. The umbrella policy will cover the portion of the claim that cannot be paid with the underlying policy because there are not enough funds available in the policy to cover the entire claim. For instance, if at the time of a claim your CGL policy has $500,000 remaining and the claim in question is $1.5 million, then the CGL policy will cover $500,000 and then the umbrella policy will cover the remaining $1 million.
Ready to Get Your Quote?
With a few quick questions, we can get your quote started! Click the button below or give us a call at 916-353-1023!
Business Umbrella Insurance Coverage
A typical umbrella policy has the following features:
- Offers coverage for worldwide; personal injury; blanket contractual liability protection; care, custody and control; non-owned aircraft liability; watercraft liability; advertisers liability; liquor law liability; and explosion, collapse and underground (XCU) liability.
- Offers an extension of insurance protection for additional insureds.
- Policies follow form, meaning they abide by similar provisions and cover similar losses as the underlying policy. If claims are not covered by an underlying policy, the umbrella policy makes the business responsible for the loss if it exceeds SIR limits. The damage must also involve personal injury, property damage or advertising injury.
- The insurer has the right to investigate all claims not covered by any underlying insurance.
- Policies either cover all individuals or cover parties that gain insured status within the contract. Policies also protect an organization’s executive officers, regular employees, directors and stockholders acting on behalf of the organization. Protection for additional insureds is typically excluded when claims involve motorized vehicles, watercrafts and aircrafts.
Beyond these stipulations, a commercial umbrella policy ascertains that an organization must hold an underlying insurance policy during the term of the policy. To learn more about averting your business risks with commercial umbrella insurance, contact Paragon Insurance Services at 916-353-1023 today.
Keep Your Business Protected! Get Your Quote Today!
Business owners have a lot to consider when choosing insurance that fully protects their business. At Paragon Insurance Services we offer complete insurance packages for many different business types. We have years of experience and products to provide you exceptional service and value to our customers. As a business owner, you take calculated risks everyday in order keep your business thriving. But what about the risks you haven’t considered?
We have many commercial insurance policies to choose from:
Learn About the Paragon Insurance Services Client Philosophy!
Safety and Compliance
- Employee Manual
- Base Safety Programs
- Human Resources
- Employee Training
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Annual Policy Reviews – What are We Talking About?
Every year at about a couple months before your policy renews with Paragon, we will reach out to you to review your policies prior to their renewal so that we can ensure that you are STILL with the Right Insurance Company, with the Right Coverage, and paying the Right Price.
If you decide you’d like to be quoted with other Insurance Companies you can quickly schedule a time for an in-depth market review where our team will re-quote your policies and provide you with the options so you can make the best decision possible.
California Full Service Insurance Agency
Paragon Insurance Services is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more. The Paragon team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate!
Our office is located in Folsom, CA and services the Sacramento Valley, California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business.
Contact us today 1-916-353-1023 for your comprehensive business umbrella insurance policy quote!