Inland Marine Insurance
Fill Your Coverage Gaps with Inland Marine Insurance
Inland marine insurance was once used strictly in the ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. As the non-ocean aspect of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and the term “inland marine” was created. These policies became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally floating in the ocean.
In the modern insurance industry, inland marine coverage provides protection to fill any gaps in commercial property protection or to reach specific limits of coverage.
The insurance specialists at Paragon Insurance Services can help you build a comprehensive business insurance program.
Ready to Get Your Quote?
With a few quick questions, we can get your quote started! Click the button below or give us a call at 916-353-1023!
Industry-Specific Inland Marine Insurance Coverage
Inland marine insurance can provide specific coverage by industry to protect against a wide array of exposures:
- Builder’s risk: Protection for damage to buildings or structures under construction, renovation or repair.
- Contractor’s equipment: Protects equipment and tools that are normally excluded under typical builder’s risk insurance.
- Installation: Covers machinery and equipment during transit, installation and/or testing at project sites.
- Rigger’s liability: Protection when acting as a rigger for the property of others in their care, control and custody.
- Technology and communication
- Cable television: Protection for property that is essential to cable television systems.
- Electronic equipment: Insures equipment that uses microprocessors and semiconductors.
- Medical imaging equipment: Protects mobile medical equipment housed at hospitals, clinics and other similar premises.
- Physicians and surgeons: Covers medical, surgical and dental equipment, supplies and instruments used in the medical and dental fields.
- Telecommunication equipment: Protects telephones, computers, fax machines, video conferencing audio and visual equipment and teleconferencing equipment.
- Commercial transport: Coverage for goods and merchandise in transit for truckers, warehouses, shippers and logistics operators.
- Legal liability: Coverage for sums the policyholder is obligated to cover as a result of damage from a covered loss to property of others.
- Motor truck cargo: Protects owners and operators of trucks against losses to owned property or property of others while in transport.
- Railroad rolling stock: Protects rolling stock owned or leased by railroad companies or other businesses.
- Tank storage: Protects tanks, pipelines and appurtenances and their contents while in the insured’s care, custody and control.
- Miscellaneous floaters:
- Armored cars: Protects against losses attributed to armored cars.
- Furriers block: Covers furs, fur garments or garments trimmed with fur while in the care of furriers, fur storage companies, department stores and other retailers.
- Installation sales: Covers retail and wholesale merchants, manufacturers, banks and financial companies who sell and use personal property as collateral for loans, conditions of sales contracts, as part of a deferred payment plan or as an installment payment plan.
- Jewelers block: Provides protection for jewelry, semi-precious stones, precious metals, alloys and other goods used in the insured’s business.
- Miscellaneous floaters: Serves as “catch-all” coverage for property that is movable.
- Related property: Protection for buildings, business property, income and extra expenses when writing another marine coverage.
Keep Your Business Protected! Get Your Quote Today!
Business owners have a lot to consider when choosing insurance that fully protects their business. At Paragon Insurance Services we offer complete insurance packages for many different business types. We have years of experience and products to provide you exceptional service and value to our customers. As a business owner, you take calculated risks everyday in order keep your business thriving. But what about the risks you haven’t considered?
We have many commercial insurance policies to choose from:
Learn About the Paragon Insurance Services Client Philosophy!
Safety and Compliance
- Employee Manual
- Base Safety Programs
- Human Resources
- Employee Training
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Annual Policy Reviews – What are We Talking About?
Every year at about a couple months before your policy renews with Paragon, we will reach out to you to review your policies prior to their renewal so that we can ensure that you are STILL with the Right Insurance Company, with the Right Coverage, and paying the Right Price.
If you decide you’d like to be quoted with other Insurance Companies you can quickly schedule a time for an in-depth market review where our team will re-quote your policies and provide you with the options so you can make the best decision possible.
California Full Service Insurance Agency
Paragon Insurance Services is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more. The Paragon team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate!
Our office is located in Folsom, CA and services the Sacramento Valley, California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business.
Contact us today 1-916-353-1023 for your inland marine insurance policy quote!