Product Liability Insurance
California Product Liability Insurance
Product liability Insurance, also known as products-completed operations insurance, provides solid protection for your business relating to the manufacturing or sale to the public of products, foods, medicines or other items. Specifically, as part of commercial general liability (CGL) policy, this coverage provides protection against liabilities for losses due to injuries caused by malfunctions or defects in your products—including design defects or a failure to warn consumers about the dangers of using a product.
The insurance specialists at Paragon Insurance Services can help you build a comprehensive business insurance program.
Protection for Product Liability Insurance Claims
Product Liability Insurance protects against the following claims:
- Manufacturing or production flaws that cause unreasonably unsafe defects in the product. For instance, there may be traces of dangerous chemicals in your product, which could be toxic to those using it.
- Design defects that make the product unsafe for use by the public.
- Failure to provide adequate defect warnings or instructions for using the product. These claims arise when products are not properly labeled or had warnings that were not explanatory enough to reduce consumer risks while using the product.
Depending on the outcome of the case, money may be awarded to the party that filed the claim for compensatory loss (including medical costs, economic damages and attorney’s fees) or punitive damages (designed to deter the defendant from repeating the action that caused the damage). At times, these cases can put organizations out of business because the awarded damages are so large.
Ready to Get Your Quote?
With a few quick questions, we can get your quote started! Click the button below or give us a call at 916-353-1023!
Why Purchase Product Liability Insurance?
Even if you do not physically manufacture a product, you may be at risk for litigation. The actual manufacturer is not the only party liable for product flaws, defects and failures; retailers and wholesalers can also be found negligent. The logic is that there is a stream of commerce that a product goes through from its inception to the hands of the consumer. If your organization had any part in that stream, and as long as the product was defective when it left your control, you can be held liable for any problems that arise.
Limiting Product Liability
Consider implementing these techniques into your organization to limit product liability:
- Develop a quality control program and distribute it to your employees. It should outline procedures for product safety, design, testing and inspection. It should also include information regarding traceability, guidance regarding customer complaints and a product recall program.
- Place serial or batch numbers on all products to ensure that they are traceable in case of a recall.
- Keep records of all information about your products, including testing, product performance, component percentages and complaints.
- Ask a legal professional to review warning labels, assembly and operating instructions, disclaimers, and any other information distributed to consumers. If you need additional assistance, consult a product safety specialist.
- Ask a legal professional to periodically review contracts and hold-harmless agreements for use with your customers and subcontractors. Ensure that these contracts limit the liability you will assume for a quality product. Also consider obtaining certificates for liability insurance from your subcontractors.
Transferring risk is an essential part of protecting your business. Contact Paragon Insurance Services for assistance with all your insurance needs 916-353-1023.
We have many commercial insurance policies to choose from:
Learn About the Paragon Insurance Services Client Philosophy!
Safety and Compliance
- Employee Manual
- Base Safety Programs
- Human Resources
- Employee Training
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Annual Policy Reviews – What are We Talking About?
Every year at about a couple months before your policy renews with Paragon, we will reach out to you to review your policies prior to their renewal so that we can ensure that you are STILL with the Right Insurance Company, with the Right Coverage, and paying the Right Price.
If you decide you’d like to be quoted with other Insurance Companies you can quickly schedule a time for an in-depth market review where our team will re-quote your policies and provide you with the options so you can make the best decision possible.
California Full Service Insurance Agency
Paragon Insurance Services is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more. The Paragon team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate!
Our office is located in Folsom, CA and services the Sacramento Valley, California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business.
Contact us today 1-916-353-1023 for your comprehensive product liability insurance quote!