You purchased a boat to provide years of personal enjoyment—ensure your pleasure by choosing the right insurance protection. The value of quality boat insurance often doesn’t become apparent until you really need it. Whether it’s a minor dent or a more substantial accident, it pays to have boat insurance coverage you can count on.
The Basics of Boat Insurance
A small boat, such as a canoe or other un-motorized boat, is typically covered under the personal property portion of your homeowners insurance policy.
If you own a larger, faster boat, you’ll need a separate boatowners insurance policy. It can help you insure your investment in the event of loss due to following risks:
Ready to Get Your Quote?
With a few quick questions, we can get your quote started! Click the button below or give us a call at 916-353-1023!
Boat Insurance Coverage Basics
A typical boatowners insurance policy is designed to protect your boat, motor, equipment and passengers. It provides similar coverage to those you typically have for your car including the following:
- Theft, loss or damage to the boat and attached equipment
- Bodily injury coverage
- Damage caused to someone else’s property by your boat or watercraft
- Liability coverage for your passengers, which would include family and guests
- Medical payment coverage for injuries to the occupants of the boat
Physical Damage Coverage
Physical damage coverage insures your boat, motor, boat trailer, boating equipment and other personal property against accidental loss or damages.
Two principal liability coverages are included:
- Personal liability coverage provides protection for legal liability and pays, up to the limit of your policy, the legal obligations imposed upon you due to an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage and legal defense.
- Medical payments coverage pays medical expenses up to the limits in the policy, including the insured’s boating-related medical expenses from an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the boat. Expenses include hospital, medical and ambulance.
Additional Boat Insurance Coverage Options
For added protection, consider the following additional coverage options:
- Reasonable repairs: Covers repairs done to protect covered property from further damage.
- Emergency service: Pays for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer.
- Wreck removal: Pays the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of the wreck of your watercraft when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal or destruction is required by law.
- Umbrella liability: Provides additional boat insurance coverage across the board for home, auto and watercraft.
Protect What Matters Most With Our Toy Insurance Policies
The Paragon Insurance Services team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate! Contact us at 1-916-353-1023 to learn more about all of our personal risk management solutions for your home, auto and life.
California Full Service Insurance Agency
Paragon Insurance Services is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more. The Paragon team has developed an “insurance cost reduction” quoting plan, that provides you with the best coverage at the best rate!
Our office is located in Folsom, CA and services the Sacramento Valley, California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business.
Contact us today 1-916-353-1023 for your comprehensive boat insurance quote!